Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Weekly Raid, introducing Patch, the one that will kick our ass..


Have you ever felt just a little out of place in your class? Ever felt that you just were not Fuzzy, Fluffy, Feathery, or Leafy enough? This would be one of those time in a Catt’s life where I felt a touch... well... squishy. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am a Squishy Rogue. It's not that I cannot hold my own in the Rogue world. It's that I cannot take a hit to save my life. Literally. And with a house full of Druids, one could feel a little out of her element.


Enter Patchwerk, the weekly raid that on a 10man would be a breeze. No fuss, no mess, a perfect 5 Frost and calling it a night. Well, not for my group, we like a challenge. I run with a wonderful group of people on a regular basis. People from all walks of life and that have the best attitudes to what this world dishes out to us. But what happens when you have a weekly raid and a 10man just will not cut it. You start a 25man and PuG the rest. I belong to no guild but my own; however WRATH REBORN is family to me and me to them. They do great things with their guild and are kind enough to let me tag along where I may, but this night was a tricky one, something that Tricks of the Trade cannot take the aggro off of. We decided to combine raids with D E A D L Y, another guild that well was starting their own raid and did not have enough people (since a few like to run with WRATH). Former members of D E A D L Y are in WRATH REBORN and in turn bad blood ensues. Why? None of my business. I have my curiosities do not get me wrong. But the best thing a Rogue can do it keep her nose clean and out of trouble. However I wonder, can we all just not get along?

Long story short, we almost had enough, then a few drop including a "pain in the ass from D E A D L Y". I will not name names being neutral as I am, but why not suck it up and reach a common goal. The next words out of someone’s mouth "We have plenty of people to do it", plenty of people meaning 19 for a 25man. Not my cup of tea but I am always game for anything. 3 rezzes later we pick up my favorite Hunter. So now we are up to 20 and a half. Another rez or two, 75G in repairs that I can recall, and no Frost Emblems later I have still yet to do the weekly. I will stand by my suggestion, "When you have 20 people wanting to do the same raid, split it up and do two 10mans."

Patchwerk, I guess you will live to roam Naxx for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment