Saturday, July 24, 2010

A slow swimmer no longer!


Leaving Shattrath I decided to activate my Wormhole which when I'm headed to Borean Tundra puts me falling thousands of feet into Lake Kum'uya. My thoughts while falling through the air were of simple quiet fishing. The type where you reflect about the hours passing and enjoy the sound of nature around you. My Parachute engaged and a Elixer of Water Walking later and I land lightly on my feet not a hair out of place. With my sonar tracking fish pools I mount finding none in site, then out of the blue one appears.

I cast my line with my usual Sculpin bait and patiently wait. A nibble here and a catch there something massive tugs at my line. The weight catches me off guard and I become alert that this is no ordinary Pygmy fish. My elixir holds as I stand above the wake of the water, my feet planted as if on solid ground. Pulling my line taunt and reeling in slowly careful for the monster not to break free. The battle intense and curiosity maddening I eased the pole up, the wood protesting the move but still holding, muscles in my back and shoulders working under the strain of bringing up the catch.


Chants! "I got the Turtle Mount, I got the Turtle mount!" *squee* Fear will being hearing this for a few days. So I figured I would share most of the info I have about this particular mount since I have been drooling over ever since I started collecting mounts. This would be #75 that I'm posting *I have 80 currently however, I'll catch up later*.

The Sea Turtle mount can only be acquired by fishing in the fishing pools of Northrend. It has to be in the pools or else you cannot get it, open water does not count. There is no specific spot in Northrend to fish it and let me tell you from experience; do not go out intending to farm it. The mount itself has an increased swimming speed of 60% which if you toss in my favorite pole which allows breathing underwater I could swim for days without coming up for air. But that would be a lot of WoW.

You'll see above that I caught it in Borean Tundra in Lake Kum'uya at cords 48,42. My fishing has been maxed (450) out forever but I did have a Glow Worm on my Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole just because I hate dealing with potential trash. All of this put my fishing up to 580 which you only need 525 never to miss or pull up trash. My statistics during this were Fish and Other Things Caught 9173 and Fish Caught 5532.

Once you fish it up it will automatically give you the Achievement [Turtles All the Way Down].

So freak out a lil like I did and celebrate. This sucker only has a 1% if your lucky drop rate. Some get it in just a few casts, others like me take thousands of casts. So god luck and lots of fishing. *Happy Dance*

No comments:

Post a Comment