Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Removal...

It is a horrid thing to remove someone from your guild, even if it was just an alternate that they had left after removing themselves. I didn't even realize it would affect me to this extent...

Starting my nightly activities around Dalaran I stumbled upon a few of my guild mates and their conversation was less than desirable. Someone later put it the best, 'If someone did something to offend 'us' then that has to be bad' because we as a whole love our jokes and obscene literary battles. But what to do? Can this go on any longer? Who will be or has been affected? The many questions that pass through your mind as you contemplate the best course of action. Here is where we defer from so many other guilds. We have a wonderful group of people and they show me that every day that I am privileged to know them. With one whisper a discussion is made and a verdict chosen, even going to the extent of speaking with a few members that knew the person to get a better idea of who they may be. Minds that can come together and speak freely, criticize objectively, and with an understanding that is profound. While this may be trivial to the passer by, be assured that it is one of the many heartbreaks of leading a guild, thank you to those who lead this with me.

1 comment:

  1. Its not a good thing, nor is it a bad thing. It is just a Thing. Time moves on, more loot drops, ppl. move around.
    Everybody is different, nobody is the same, and that is what makes this fun.
    The absence of a knee-jerk reaction indicates integrity.
    I thank you for that. In the end all one has, is their word, and you do the best ya can.

    ReplyDelete